Looking for a Better Subject Line? Look no Further! Nonprofit Resources August 11, 2021

Looking for a Better Subject Line? Look no Further!

In marketing emails, the subject line is one of the most important aspects of the campaign. A few key components of subject lines either make them stand out or discourage the audience from opening the email.  A few new techniques that will help your subject line stand out are the use of emojis, A/B testing, and shortening the subject line. 

In the modern age, the use of emojis in subject lines can drive engagement up and grab attention from the audience quickly. As reported by Business Insider, “In addition to increasing your open rates, studies have found their use could improve your read rates as well.” In company marketing emails, it is important to use all attention-grabbing techniques as possible, and it has been proven that emojis fall under that list.  

Next on the list is A/B subject line testing. These tests are a fantastic way to tailor your subject lines to your audience and determine what they respond best to. The way it works is you choose two slightly different subject lines and send 25% of the total email count to one set of contacts, and 25% to the other. Then, you can determine which subject line performed better, and send the remaining 50% of emails with the winning subject line. Many programs have this feature integrated into the platform, which makes it easy to execute. 

Last, consider the length of your subject line. Generally, the shorter the better. Shorter subject lines allow readers to get an idea of what is inside the email quickly and efficiently. Longer subjects tend to get cut off in email windows, which can lead to confusion for the reader. Mailchimp notes, “For many recipients, especially those reading your emails on mobile devices, shorter is often better”. It’s best to keep it clear and concise.  

Using these techniques will improve the effectiveness of your email campaigns. Need help implementing these changes? Contact us for a free consultation today! 

Write a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Stay up-to-date with all things Nonprofit Resources!

* indicates required
%d bloggers like this: