Strategic Planning Approach
Gone are the days of having 3-5 rigid strategies that do not yield to change. These days, nonprofits must employ a strategy that’s fluid and responsive, complete with a comprehensive action plan, accountability, and performance indicators.
We help our clients construct this type of dynamic strategy following the methodology outlined in LaPiana’s The Nonprofit Strategy Revolution.
How does our strategic planning process work?
After initial information has been gathered, we host a facilitated kick-off session with key stakeholders. From there, we guide you through steps to create your own Real-Time Strategy.
- Revisit your mission, vision, and action plan. Is it current?
- Who are your stakeholders, competitors, and collaborators?
- What is your market? Who are you serving?
- What are your organization’s key strengths?
- What differentiates you? How are you unique?
- Are you aligned with the organization’s mission and purpose?
- What criteria guide your decisions?
- What’s really going on and what should you tackle first?
- Your action plan for timeline, accountability, and results
- Measure progress, and adjust quarterly
- Your final report includes an executive
summary and your fully developed work plan.
- You are then equipped with the tools you need to evaluate your goals and tasks quarterly.
Our strategy experts don’t just create vision. We handle every aspect of nonprofit management: from development and administration to analytics and marketing. When you are ready to start, contact us:
Tools for Success — What we Provide:
- Background surveys & information gathering
- Facilitation of work sessions
- Worksheets to continual planning and evaluation
- Final wrap-up document & follow-up session with leadership